Monday, April 28, 2014

Paint chip art

2013-04-18 17.26.19

Paint chips. Everytime I go to the hardware store, I can't manage to leave without a couple of paint chip samples.  At some point, I had enough to make this fellah.

2013-03-08 10.02.08

I used an exacto knife to cut these. You have to be careful with these paint chips because...well...they can chip while you are cutting it. You can sort of see if around the beak.

2013-03-08 18.05.37

I used a hole puncher for the smallest yellow circles. The rest were cut using a pair of small pointy scissor. I used both glue and double sided adhesive to mount all the pieces onto an acid free 12 x 12 scrapbooking cardstock and framed it using Ikea's ever-so-popular Ribba Frame. The glue was used for the small circular punch outs and the double sided adhesive was used on the rest. I found that the glue made the paper a bit wrinkly. But that could also be attributed to the fact that I was craft glue with a high water content because I was too lazy to find my fabri-tac.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...