Friday, April 20, 2012

Garlic spinach and mushroom

Sauteed garlic mushroom and spinach

I have been trying to cook more lately because I was sick of eating the same 5 things my mom made and gave us in large quantities.  Don't get me wrong, I love free food (who doesn't?) but it gets to be too much when it's all you eat. We ended eating the same thing for days, not finishing the food and throwing it away.

Sometimes I follow recipes and then there are nights like these, where there's left over fresh produce and I throw something together. Today, it ended up being pretty good, so I thought I'd share this super easy sauteed dish! (The food in the background: garlic-chili crusted salmon and thai coconut curry shrimp-recipe on salmon to come)

Ingredients:

8 oz mushrooms
4 cups of baby spinach
2 tbs red wine
1/2 head of garlic, minced
1.5 tbs butter
1.5 tbs flour

Directions:

1. Melt the butter slowly in pan, when all is melted, throw in the garlic and saute for a minute
2. Just as the garlic is turning a tad golden, throw in the mushrooms, saute for 3-4 minutes until almost soft
3. Sprinkle flour over, saute for 1 min

Sauteed garlic mushroom and spinach

4. Add wine, cook for 1-2 mins

Sauteed garlic mushroom and spinach

5. Toss in spinach and cook until spinach is almost all wilted and immediately dish

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...